Some wirewrap for a night out

23:59:00

I am going to a steampunk/cyberpunk party tomorrow and have nothing to wear in the category of jewellery. Ok, I'm lying -- I do have a very nice pendant my mother gave me -- two brass jigsaw pieces connected with leather, really suitable, but appart from that -- nada, zilch.
So, I started browsing around and realised, that I could make some myself. I recently got some copper wire just to see how I will manage to work with it and after making a few clasps and other tidbits put it aside for the time being.

So this was my starting point and my inspiration came from here http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielproulx/page45/ -- an awesome awesome gallery of steampunk jewellery. I loved everything there but of course my skill is nowhere near that of an author... So, I simplified, tweaked and designed and then bent, wrapped, unwrapped, bent again and this is what I came up with (do not be too harsh in judging, this my first wirewrapped creation :) ):



Hooks and clasp also made by me. The large beads are synthetic moonstone, the smaller ones -- natural moonstone and the smallest -- purple glass beads.


All the pictures are taken by me unless mentioned otherwise. If you fancy a piece of soutache jewellery with any of the stones on my website -- send me a message or convo me on etsy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments