Christmas is coming!

13:16:00

 And of course with all the joyous things come gifts -- for me that means learning a new craft technique -- I realised that this became a tradition for me for the past 3 or 4 years :) 
This year it is kimekomi -- this is the ancient art of decorating dolls from Japan. It has been adapted to decorating Styrofoam forms for various occasions - Christmas included. You can get Styrofoam balls, wreaths, eggs, cones, etc. There are many beautiful examples of kimekomi decorations around and having accidentally stumbled upon some of them I decided to try this technique out.
At first seemed quite a daunting task and I already started thinking about a different technique to learn, but turns out that I just needed more practice!
Here are some of my creations:
























 




All the pictures are taken by me unless mentioned otherwise. If you fancy a piece of soutache jewellery with any of the stones on my website or a piece of soutache jewellery in general -- send me a message or convo me on etsy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments