Traditions of amber

00:17:00

I have mentioned previously in my blog, that my grandfather was a national artist working with Baltic amber.
I used to spend long evenings inhaling the smell of amber dust and watch him work on amazing pieces of jewelry or home decor.
Some of those pieces I managed to save from being sold or handed away and can share with you here.
Unfortunately he did not manage to finish one thing he was talking about for a long time -- an amber chess set. He kept looking for the best white (or bone as it is sometimes called) amber, but large pieces are rare and expensive and so this dream remained only that -- a dream.
He made a lot of different things during his craftsman career --
jewellery: pendants, rings, bracelets.
I have just a few things of his in my keeping, but I do like them.

 Mostly he used silver for making his jewellery, rings are mostly massive and pendants have beautiful pieces of untreated amber in them.



Most of his works though were not jewellery -- various boxes, pipes, wall decorations etc. Unfortunately I have only one box and none of the other things left from his works.








All the pictures are taken by me unless mentioned otherwise. If you fancy a piece of jewellery -- leave a comment or convo me on etsy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments