Green Grapes

12:32:00

This particular piece of jewellery was begun a while ago and was left lying in my crafts pile for a long time. I wanted to make it into a necklace but couldn't find a nice way to finish it and so it was going deeper and deeper into an unused corner of my crafts drawer.
I kept pondering that a bunch of grapes was a great idea but was at a loss when trying to make the leaves that would go well with what I had and suit a necklace idea.
One day I realised that it would make a wonderful brooch and then an idea of how to finish the leaves popped into my head right away.
I simply embroidered them on a piece of felt and incorporated that into my soutache part. Here is what I have now:





The brooch is made of green dyed quartz stone as a focal part, several agate beads, Gutterman beads for embroidery and soutache cord.  It is leather backed and measures 7.5cm by 8.5cm.

All the pictures are taken by me unless mentioned otherwise. If you fancy a piece of soutache jewellery with any of the stones on my website or a piece of soutache jewellery in general -- send me a message or convo me on etsy.

You Might Also Like

2 comments