Pink and baby blue

19:59:00

This was my first more complex attempt at soutache. One of the reasons I love it is that you can achieve exquisite and complex designs and still get lightweight and wearable jewellery.
I love this hair clip, it took me a while to learn all the techniques I needed to make it just the way I wanted. Never before I had encased a cabochon in a beaded mesh, but I managed to get it quite quickly.


The central stone is agate and the rest are various beads, the pink ones are Gutterman and the rest -- Czech glass. It is leather backed and was my favourite for quite a while.
I have cut my hair though, so now it is for sale on Etsy.

One of my friends saw what I was making and asked for a copy. As I make a point of not duplicating anything I've made the copy in baby blue:



Also can be found in my Etsy shop.

All the pictures are taken by me unless mentioned otherwise. If you fancy a piece of soutache jewellery with any of the stones on my website or a piece of soutache jewellery in general -- send me a message or convo me on etsy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments