Warm winter wares

22:19:00

Some more Christmas gitfs. This time felted. I had been putting off trying anything bigger than a flower brooch for a long time, but when my mother said, taht she wanted a particular colour felted scarf I realised that I will have to cross that bridge pretty soon.
And so I did. At first to refresh my skills with felt -- a flower brooch for a friend. I loved the colour of the wool I chose for the flower -- dark blue and dark burgundy red. Here it is:



Then I tried a smaller scarf -- a gift for my SO's  mother. I had made a flower brooch from the same wool earlier, so this will go well together I think.



And then to the main task. The hardest was  to actually find the right colour wool. Looked in all possible shops in Vilnius -- no green... or at least none, that were the right shade. Found some in one shop in Kaunas and ordered it crossing fingers taht the photo would be taked well enough to convey the real colour. Was very happy when it arrived -- exactly the shade I needed.
The photo of the scarf does not do it justice -- I will ask my mom to take a photo of herself with the scarf at some point.






All the pictures are taken by me unless mentioned otherwise. If you fancy a piece of soutache jewellery with any of the stones on my website or a piece of soutache jewellery in general -- send me a message or convo me on etsy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments