Silver Amethyst in tracery

13:14:00

I like to learn and advance my skills. For about a month I have been learning metal crafting and namely how to make more advanced jewelry using fire and tools like silversmiths hammer, metal saw and lots of others.
First thing I made was a textured silver ring, but that went back into scrap silver pile -- wanted to try out different textures and learn how to make silver smooth and shiny in a required form.
Here I present my second attempt at making something. A silver pendant with an amethyst stone set into it.





The design is 4.5 cm in diameter and 2 cm in thickness. The amethyst stone is 2cm in diameter and about half a centimetre in thickness. I never thought that i would want to wear a pendant this big, but after trying it on it's become one of my favourite jewelry pieces to wear. Possibly because I know how much work went into it :)




 I think of it as my amulet now -- amethyst is supposed to guard one from getting intoxicated (not that I drink that much :) ). The name in ancient Greek means "a" -- not and "mehystos" - intoxicated.
I am working on other things as well and hopefully will have more of them to post soon!

And soon I will have something that I can sell at my Etsy shop!


All the pictures are taken by me unless mentioned otherwise. If you fancy a piece of jewellery -- leave a comment or convo me on etsy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments