Red Wine

12:51:00

 I have been making jewelry from soutache for a while when I realised that I still have nothing that I can wear -- everything was given as gifts or sold. So I decided taht this was it and the next item or a few will be mine, just mine, nobody can have them :) And so this at first small and now growing set started.
First I made a necklace:




It took me a while to decide what to do with the part that goes around the neck. I figured that making the usual soutache wavy thing was already boring and after a few other discarded ideas decided to go with stone/bead chain. The stones are agates the same as the smaller ones in the middle parts of the necklace (the bigger one is also and agate, though of different colour).


Next up were the earrings. I made them simple -- too flashy will just be too much with the necklace and besides -- I do not like wearing huge ones. The big stone -- agate, dangly bits -- swarovski crystals and red beads.



Third part of the set (and my favourite) is a hairclip. I love soutache hairclips -- they do not get tangled in your hair like metal or plastic ones do and I can make them whatever colour I need. This one took a bit of work, because I really wanted an intricate rich one to wear on a night our for example but not too flashy, so I could also wear it during day time. Here it is:


The middle elements are agate, as well as the bigger beads. Smaller red beads are garnets and the smallest -- glass beads.
The latest, as of yet unfinished addition to this set is a choker which started out as a bracelet. No photos so far, but I will add them when it is finished.



All the pictures are taken by me unless mentioned otherwise. If you fancy a piece of soutache jewellery with any of the stones on my website -- send me a message or convo me on etsy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments